Query about potential fix

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

darkg

Query about potential fix

Post by darkg » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:06 pm

Hi!

I have 3.24.2.0 (3.24.2) on win10.

CAM profile toolpath dialogue is misbehaving. Is there a fix in a version that doesn't cost me more money?

(Values disappear and whatnot, can work around but I'd rather not have to!)

Thanks

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Query about potential fix

Post by CVH » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:34 am

Hi,
You are posting on the QCAD Professional Version .. QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems forum.
This is rather something for the QCAD/CAM forum: https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewforum.php?f=74
I reported it and maybe your topic will be moved. :wink:
darkg wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:06 pm
CAM profile toolpath dialogue is misbehaving.
Please explain 'misbehaving' further.

'Values disappear and whatnot' is a bit vague.
Returning to default or really turning blank?
As you can read in the forum rules: Include screenshots
For CAM you should also state what standard postprocessor you use or ifso include your custom postprocessor script file.

The CAM Profile Toolpath dialog doesn't store the last used values persistent.
On 'Add Profile Toolpath' (KP) it is a clean slate with default values.
You are going to add a new toolpath from scratch.
On 'Edit Toolpath' (KD) it retrieves the settings stored in the toolpath itself.

Here is some information on how to set other default values in the CAM Profile Toolpath dialog:
https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=8505
But it seems that not all preferences can be changed as they are overruled again.

On adding a profile it is a bit at the safe side, you need to plug in all new values perfectly knowing what you are doing.
Evaluating that every entry for each field is correct and safe to work with.
The danger of just hitting the OK button with defaults is that you might kill your substrate, your mill and/or you CNC machine. :wink:
And that is at the logical side, you can do wrong things at the production state too like not or faulty zeroing on your workpiece or having clamps that sit in the router path and so on.

QCAD/CAM 3.24.2.0 is about 4 years old, an update is in order but it is unsure that your issue was addresses.
Several other bugs in the CAM section are and even many more for the QCAD Pro part of your installation.

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”