New tutorials in 2023-11

Have some feedback on the RibbonSoft web site? Want something added to the QCAD online manual? Post it here!

Moderator: andrew

longhaul
Newbie Member

New tutorials in 2023-11

Post by longhaul » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:17 pm

I'm not sure where else to place this, so I started with this area here in site feedback.

As for the new tutorials, I like them. Thumbs up for putting them on the website and youtube. They are short and sweet. The title tells you the topic and covers it. Sometimes video instructions get TOO involved (and then the video is toooooo long) because of the authors desire to show the viewer every last possible way to accomplish the task. The KISS method for instructional videos covering technical topics is effective.

I also like the method of using two voices in the presentation, it breaks up the monotony. Bonus, a current version of QCAD is used and shaded areas show where the location is for the presentation.

Again, thank you for creating these and posting them.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: New tutorials in 2023-11

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:40 am

Thank you for your kind feedback!

I hope these tutorials will help some people to get started with QCAD. We have a lot more videos planned - also on more advanced topics. We're also open for suggestions.

Thanks to modern AI, we can produce these tutorials relatively easily. QCAD generates a whole video automatically from an XML script with text and instructions. It also translates the video to different languages within seconds (with usually only minor manual corrections). And we finally have computer voice-overs which are acceptable.

So a big shout-out to deepl and Google's text-to-speech AI for their excellent work!

1212pfl1
Registered Member

Re: New tutorials in 2023-11

Post by 1212pfl1 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:49 pm

Are there any developer forums out there for QCAD? As an open source software, where can I download the actual source code for modification? Or does the installation itself put the source on my machine? A developer forum for scripting authors and tips, would be very useful. ChatGPT does provide much help when it comes to QCAD scripts.

Return to “Site Feedback”