Chinese font missing and weird symbol come out in cad dwg

Have some feedback on the RibbonSoft web site? Want something added to the QCAD online manual? Post it here!

Moderator: andrew

ngbanfoun
Registered Member

Chinese font missing and weird symbol come out in cad dwg

Post by ngbanfoun » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:46 am

D DWG supposed have Chinese wording inside. However, when open in autocad, some words missing n weird symbol come out. Anyone can help look into it. Tq
Attachments
2FBC6000A6.1 马来西亚YTL基础条件图2024.1.31-V1.dwg
(1 MiB) Downloaded 10 times

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Chinese font missing and weird symbol come out in cad dwg

Post by CVH » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:11 am

Hi, and welcome to the QCAD forum.

You probably meant "However, when open in QCAD, ..." :wink:

The used font is reported as 'romans' and it is listed at the bottom of the drop down box.
That last means that it is not a font-face installed in my OS (Win).
I then assume that it is a font included in the file, if that is even possible :? .
Or more probably that QCAD falls back on the nearest font.
Nearest does not mean the best suited per definition but more likely based on the font name or something general like 'Arial'.
I have several fonts named like 'romans' e.g. 'RomanS' what is in fact a QCAD CXF font and also a 'Romans' TTF font among others.

Because it is rendered as several question marks means that QCAD can not retrieve the glyph's from the font-face for certain characters.
Still, it is rather odd that the text is not rendered correctly but displays in the Text Editor panel and the Text property of the Property Editor.
I know that in my case some QCAD system things can be in 'Helvetica' and that seems to support the glyph's.

I also detect many Leaders without a text. Is that intended ... on purpose?
It could also be that QCAD does not support Leaders with associated text but then I would expect it to be broken up in a Leader and a Text entity.

In at least one occasion I discover a Rich Text format: \Fromans.shx,hztxt0;\H0.999994x;
The intended font is thus 'romans.shx' what is an AutoCAD specific Compiled Shape File.
Especially to store shapes but also used to store shapes that resemble the characters glyph's of a font-face.
QCAD does not support SHX files.

So you need to fall back on a TTF font-face especially intended for Chinese characters that supports these glyph's .
I have several TTF font files installed that will render the text entities without question marks.
But I am unable to read/verify Chinese. :wink:

TTF are filled outlines and can not store single stroke text art, your text entities may render longer ... wider. :wink:
One can use X Scale to reduced the overall width, not to be confused with Text Width because that is intended for columns widths.
'Unicode' (CXF) is a QCAD single stroke font but that does not support all of your glyph's.
Not yet all, you might want to consider to enhance that. :wink: Ifso, please share.

For first level substitution one can use menu Edit .. Substitude Fonts (FF), replacing 'romans' with the best suited.
For Rich Text formatted you can Find/Replace (RP) and look for "romans.shx" replacing it with the TTF filename.
But this last seems to be associated with 'hztxt0' or 'hztxt0.shx' ...?!

Regards,
CVH

Return to “Site Feedback”